Neotron Games

This page is made to be an archive of all games made by Neotron Games. We make these games for fun, and you are free to download them and spread them as much as you like. In most of the games the source-code is included, so you can learn from it, continue work on it or use parts of it in your own projects. All we ask is that you keep the archives downloaded from this page intact, toghether with their read-me's and everything else included. Games will be uploaded in the order they were made, so the further down the page, the older they get.

Have fun while playing our games!

Apocalypso

In Apocalypso you play as Dirk Dirtland as he tries to defend a city from a robot invasion. Enemies will attack both from far away as well as from inside the city, so Dirk will have to use both his weapon and his flexible shield as well as enhance his abilities through different upgrades in order to fend off all attackers and live to tell the tale.
5 different levels, each with a different tactical situation and a unique boss awaits our hero as he fights to save the remnants of a lost world.

Thanks to BAFelton for the Caanoo port.

Current version : 1.0.
Licence : GPL and CC BY-SA



Mirror 2 :

10 comments:

AMDmi3 said...

Hi again!

As before, I'd ask to add version numbers into distfile names, and I'm mirroring them under http://mirror.amdmi3.ru/3rd-party/apocalypso/.
Can't play the game though, after bennu and neotron logos, it displays game title and then does nothing (only music is playing) - no reaction to keypresses or mouse. Maybe I should try updating bennugd though.

Imerion said...

Hi!

Ah, sorry, I forgot that. The files have been fixed though and now says 1.0.

Strange thing the game won't start. Updating to the latest version of Bennu might work, but I don't know of any differences that should affect that.

trabitboy said...

hello,
for a homebrew the graphics seem to have a very consistent visual style !
very good sms vibe ( no irony I like that ! ) .
bravo ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello

The game did not run on my Asus EEE 701 (Xandros Linux) - seems like the BennuGD binaries you included need GLIBC 2.4. Installing the BennuGD from bennugd.org (and changing the start script to use that) fixed that problem.
Then the game ran, although a hint that it expects a mouse click to get out of the title screen would be nice - pressed basically all keys on my keyboard before trying that ...
Can't say much about the game yet, haven't played it enough to form an opinion.

Imerion said...

@trabitboy:

Thanks! I tried to make the game have a retro 16-bit-ish style which did turn out quite well.

@Anonymous:
Thanks for mentioning that. I might use the binaries from there instead of the ones I use now if they are more compatible.

Btw, in what way did you change the start script? I thought it should work as-is if you removed the BennuGD folder.

As for the title screen, I will fix it if I'll do an update some time.

When you have played it, please tell me if you have any ideas for improvements.

Using the shield to deflect all bullets and prevent damage to the city can be a bit complicated to get a hang of, so I might do an update to clarify that part and make it a bit easier, for example.

Anonymous said...

I changed the script only because I didn't remove the runtime you provided until I was sure that it worked with the other one.
As far as the game itself is concerned - sorry, but it is just not my kind of game. One problem is - of course - the size of my EEE's keyboard and touch pad which make playing a game that needs mouse and keyboard difficult. The game itself reminds me a bit of some late 80s arcade games which I didn't like all that much ...

Anonymous said...

And open source?

Imerion said...

If you are looking for the source code, it's included in the archives. Called apocalypso.prg. Use Bennu to compile it. (bennugd.org)

Jocuri Arcade said...

This game is running from high capacity processors .this game is very interesing game and playing very easy .

Anonymous said...

I love this game.
http://wofgtg.blogspot.com